POSITION SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for promoting and selling Segmental Retaining Wall, Paving and Landscape, Dry Mix, CMU, and other related products. The target market will be the design community including specifiers, architects, engineers and support to landscape and building supply dealers. The position will also require onsite support for contractors and installers. This position will be based out of the Interior of BC with sales responsibilities to Northern BC and Kootenay's.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contact customers in person and by telephone. Customers include architects, engineers, city building officials, contractors, etc.
- Educates potential customers regarding Basalite's complete product line.
- Provide job leads and quotation to customer base.
- Delivers samples to customers and potential customers as requested.
- Performs post-bid job follow-up.
- Informs dealers of new products, helps build contractor network, and assist in marketing and promotion of products.
- Participates in industry trade shows to promote Basalite products.
- Checks plans in SICA, and other plan rooms to provide leads to clients and other trade information.
- Attends in-house sales meeting and contractors' meetings.
- Performs required paperwork and maintain job tracking file.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time by the management, company, or its designated representative.
- Abide by all safety rules set forth by the company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Post secondary education with emphasis in business, engineering, architecture or construction is preferred.
- Two years sales experience with a minimum of one year of experience in the concrete block, retaining wall and/or dry mix industry is an asset.
- Ability to operate personal computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine and any other office equipment required to perform duties including Microsoft office, Word, and Excel. SAP knowledge is an asset.
- Knowledge of construction, ability to read plans, and working knowledge of codes and standards preferred.
- Requires strong written and oral communication, mathematical and problem solving skills.
- A Valid driver's license is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Up to 80% travel time required.
Experienced (Non-Manager) Full Time Employee
THE DAILY COURIER New Routes Available Now All papers to be delivered 7 days a week before 7 am. If you're out walking anyway, take some papers and get paid! Please call Rachel, 250-470-0708 for details More